Michigan Runner

Welcome To my Blog spot!
Dylan England

Monday, May 10, 2010

Maybury Trails


I woke up and found out what a beautiful day for a run. So I spuratically found Maybury state park 10am it was time to run starting off on the mt bike trail getting lost finding my way to the hiking trails circling the same area for the first hour atleast not being able to get outside the first loop finally finding the straight away to another loop as a hiking trail i found my self sidetracked with an equestrian trail. i saw 8 mile loop and got excited as it took me to a huge open field for only 30 mins i was back where i started, there is no way i ran 8miles in 30 mins. so i ignored it and found myself roaming trails jumping from mt bike, to equestrian to the hiking trails i then found an issue with getting back after 3 hours of running i figure it was time for some lunch so i finally found my way back to the car after the frusteration of being lost... I saw a guy walking to his car the first i notticed we have the same water bottle then i ask him how long hes been out being he was the onl on ethere before me.. he ran 20 miles in 4 hours so i had to ask what hes training for. So we spoke about ultras and daily mile along with R.U.T so I am glad to of spoken with him for it may help my ultra running dramatically. After enjoying my PB & J I went out for a more organized knowledged run as were all the excitement happened within seeing a ton of horses a frog a few snakes and 2 deer through the trails. 2 hours in i found myself circling the mt bike trail entirely as guys flew past me on their bike for down hills i realized how exciting that seems to be on a mt bike but realistically i was stuck running but enjoying it of course, I was at around marathon distance my body started telling me its time to go so i headed back after a 6.5 hr run overall i felt amazing and I honestly want to go back right now.

1 comment: